Sunday 28 August 2011

The White Witch of Liverpool



The White Witch of Liverpool

Given the pick between hero or villain and black or white, I immediately went for villain, which I stress isn’t a refection of my personality, and before even thinking, what came to mind was the white witch. I think I wanted to go opposite with both choices rather than the obvious villain equals black and like most of my projects, I see where the first idea takes me. 




This was all to do with a photo shoot project for university where we had to customize the outfit as well which was done using a vintage wedding dress, which dose make me sound like a villain cutting up something that unique, and a dream catcher.




The location was originally going to be the graveyard at the Anglican cathedral at dusk. However a unforeseen difficulty got in the way in the form of a gang of chavs equipped with fireworks which made me rethink and go for my second choice of a gothic tree and gate setting. I didn’t know whether to ask them to join in but anti-social behaviour and the fantasy world of Narnia is a hard one to mix. 









(photography and styling by myself)

No comments:

Post a Comment