Saturday 21 May 2011

Just another Alice. Just another wonderland

 Just Another Alice. Just Another Wonderland.

If I could only choose one picture that I felt had the most meaning and memories, it would be one out of this reel. A short college project consisting of the woods, a dinning table, two packs of playing cards, a giant rabbit head and a lot of cakes. From these some what obvious clues the name Alice should come straight into your head and if not then I may as well say “off with your head!”..still nothing? Forget it.



Back to the project. I remember showing these images to my photography tutor wanting his thoughts on a photo shoot which neither him nor my university course had anything to do with. All he did was smile, look at me and say “ this is a recurring theme with so many students”. So true, the whole Alice in wonderland saga is a common theme with many using it a there main element for a design project with black and red colour tones and elaborate costumes in the form of the characters from the book. I have seen so many aspects of it, some good, some not so much but these images you see here mean so much more to me on a personal level.




There are a whole list of reasons why. However I think the main one would be the fact I worked along side the five people who I probably spent 90% of the past year with. Other than that it just gradually took off from a simple idea to an amazing layout with even better locations and costumes.
You may look at them and just think there good pictures or worse you may hate them altogether, but there will always be that one selective piece from your own personal archive of work that you hold onto and feel again that moment of extreme self praise.






                                                            
         (Major credit goes out to Shelby Monaghan, William Rutherford, Amy Foulkes, Mark Ryan and Harrison Edwards 
Best year so far guys). 

No comments:

Post a Comment