Thursday 9 June 2011

The Only Way Is Over My Dead Body


The Only Way Is Over My Dead Body


For the past year or so it feels that we have been cursed with a new type of plague that has not only take over many forms of our media but made, and I use the term loosely, celebrities out of people that have no talent what so ever. Am talking about the so called ‘reality’ shows such as the only was is Essex, Geordie shore, ect. There is only one word that comes to mine. Why? Why are we polluting are minds with this tasteless trash using time we will never get back to give people who deserve nothing more than a slap, attention and money? We have all these new HD flat screen televisions with nothing to watch.

Its like a horrible drug addiction which we cant seem to beat. If it wasn’t for a bad trip with Made in Chelsea I may have been hooked on it but thank god for the disgusting people I saw on my screen when watching., thinking that it may be a bit more intelligent that the others. If anything it was worse. I was forced to turn it off after 20 minutes in because of some pompous talking cringe worthy crap about high street fashion being an “absolutely not”. He really had no idea with the audacity to think that what he said has any effect on anyone.

I think that I have only recently created such strong hate towards these shows because of the rumours, which are becoming more and more everyday into facts, that the city in which I love will soon be infective with the only way is Liverpool and Mersey shore. A city so rich in culture and heritage will be riddled with the next lot of shallow, lazy, vile, unintelligent cast who want nothing more than a bit of fame, thinking there better than everyone else. Not to sound up myself but I love ambition and I want to gain knowledge everyday I live. But when a persons ambition is to have a better tan than everyone else, I don’t know whether to laugh or cry. 

I will be the first to call myself a hypocrite because I have watched a whole season Essex and found it funny, talking to others about the cast and episodes. However when watching it I would be laughing at them, not with them and I know saying the following sentence will risk me sounding a little cruel but I don’t mind Essex being the joke of England but I don’t want my home of Liverpool to be a laughing stock to. Shows like these will not be good for the decent people of this once proud city. We already have the label of being the home planet of the ‘WAG’, isn’t that bad enough? A must worse stereotype that has shadowed the 90s bubble perm, shell suit wearing Harry Enfeild character. I don’t understand how there is not a law to stop TV shows like ‘Geordie shore’ promoting an very unhealthy infatuation with getting drunk and sleeping around. I just think the city deserved better and be more high fashion involved rather than z list wag rags.

No comments:

Post a Comment